Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Post-Thanksgiving Recovery!

About a year ago I decided that it would be a great idea to have my dad's side of the family over for Thanksgiving. Little did I know how much time and effort actually goes into pulling off such festivities. I never really thought a lot about it....till the week before. I frantically ran around my house getting things cleaned and scrubbed. Now don't get me wrong, the house was already clean, but I scrubbed like Jesus was coming over ! It was a workout to say the least. I at least had help from my very willing husband. After said scrubbing was done I sat down and decided on a menu. I meticulously planned out my grocery list and an attack plan, which I might add was executed spectacularly. Fast forward a week later, I still didn't have what THEY needed to cook the already prepared dinner that I worked 3 days on. Poor Derek made at the very least 5 trips to Wal-Mart. He is a trooper! Anyway, moving right along! So after it's all said and done we had a good meal, but no one stuck around for very long. Which made me sad. Did my cooking offend these people? Some might say I use to much salt. ( If you know me ask me about this later...this is a joke.) Ha ha ! Anyways, here we are a week from Thanksgiving and I am just getting over the hoop-la that we did! I am so glad I have a few days to myself to relax and do nothing...I mean NOTHING! I vow here and now to not even make the bed. Well, maybe I will. Jesus is watching!

2 comments:

  1. I love hosting things... but then I always regret it when I have to do all the prep cleaning and after cleaning, lol :) Its worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still finding things to clean...it's a little ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete